Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) has announced the appointment of Miriam Olusanya as Managing Director. This is according to a notice signed by the company’s secretary, Erhi Obebeduo, and sent to the Nigerian Exchange Group Limited (NGX).
Miriam Olusanya is a seasoned banker with over 16 years of experience. She joined GTBank in October 2004 as a Treasurer and has risen through the ranks, holding strategic leadership positions. Prior to her recent appointment, she was the Group Treasurer and Head of Wholesale Banking. Olusanya also serves on the Board of Guaranty Trust Bank (Gambia) Limited as a non-executive director.
She is an alumna of the prestigious University of Ibadan and University of Liverpool, where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy and an MBA in Finance and Accounting respectively.
GTBank completes restructuring exercise, reorganizes Board
The bank also announced the successful completion of its re-organization into a Holding Company Structure, in a bid to strengthen its long-term competitiveness and growth prospects.
As part of the conditions for the re-organization, the banking giant announced that a new operating company bearing the name ‘Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc’ (GTCo) has been established. In addition, a new Board of Directors as well as changes to the Board of its banking subsidiary (GTBank) was also announced.
According to the notice, the Board was reconstituted following the retirement of about four
Directors. In light of this, the GTCo’s Board will comprise of the following personalities:
- Mr Sola Oyinlola (Chairman),
- Mr Segun Agbaje (Group CEO),
- Mrs Cathy Echeozo (Non-Executive Director),
- Mrs Helen Bouygues (Independent Non-Executive Director) and
- Mr Adebanji Adeniyi (Executive Director).
On the other hand, the banking subsidiary (GTBank) Board will comprise of:
- Mr Inrahim Hassan (Chairman),
- Mrs Miriam Olusanya (Managing Director),
- Mr Olabode Agusto (Non-Executive Director),
- Ms Imponi Akpofure (Independent Non-Executive Director),
- Mrs Victoria Adefala (Independent Non-Executive Director),
- Mr Jide Okuntola (Deputy Managing Director)
- Mr Haruna Musa (Executive Director).