BUA Foods Plc has announced the Final Dividend it will pay to its shareholders for the year ended 31st December 2022 after the release of its audited financial statement on the 11th April 2022.
BUA Foods Plc disclosed this in its corporate action report published on the Nigeria Exchange website stating that it will pay its shareholders a final dividend of N3.50 per share after it was listed this year.
This comes after the company made a profit of N69.77 billion, representing a 97.03% growth year-on-year from the N35.41billion profit it made in 2020.
The Company announced that the Register of the shareholders will be closed from 14th to 20th July 2022. While Dividend payments will be made on the 4th of August 2022 electronically to the shareholders.
The Company’s corporate action report also read that, “Shareholders who are yet to complete the e-dividend Mandate registration are advised to fill the Registrar’s E-Dividend Mandate Form via the link: https://africaprudential.com/claim-your-dividend-here/ also available on the Registrar’s website.
Furthermore, the company mentioned that the Annual General Meeting will be held on the 4th of August 2022 while the venue will be communicated in due course.
- BUA Foods Plc started with the edible oils business following the acquisition of Nigeria Oil Mills Limited in 2000.
- BUA Sugar Refinery Limiich was incorporated on 13 April 2005. BUA Rice Limited was incorporated in 2014, while IRS Flour Limited and IRS Pasta Limited were birthed in 2019.
- In November 2021, following a restructuring among BUA Sugar Refinery Limited, IRS Flour Mills Limited, IRS Pasta Limited, BUA Rice Limited, BUA Oil Mills Limited, and BUA Foods Limited, further to which BUA Sugar Refinery (a private limited liability company), the name of the enlarged entity was changed to BUA Foods Limited.
- BUA Foods Plc was listed on the Nigerian Exchange Main Board on Jan 5 2022 and has since received significant acceptance going by the volume of demand for the shares, which has boosted its shares outstanding to about 18 billion.
- The company made a significant profit of N69.77billion, a 97.03% increment from the N35.41 billion it recorded in 2020.
- The company’s total revenue also significantly increased from N192.86 billion in 2020 to N333.27 billion in 2021, representing a 72.80% growth year-on-year.