First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank), the country’s largest financial services institution in terms of total assets and gross earnings, has announced a job vacancy for a Category Specialist (Technology) to further strengthen its procurement operations.
With over 10 million customer accounts and a vast network of more than 750 branches, FirstBank provides a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. Additionally, the bank maintains an international presence through its subsidiaries in London, Paris, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Senegal. It also has representative offices in Johannesburg, Beijing, and Abu Dhabi.
– Job Title: Category Specialist (Technology)
– Requisition ID: 946
– Location: Lagos
– Job Schedule: Full-time
The primary objectives of this role are as follows:
1. To support the Category Manager in ensuring the efficient sourcing, tendering, and timely delivery of the Technology portfolio, encompassing software, hardware, application development, and managed services, in alignment with the Category Strategy.
2. To manage sourcing activities for the relevant category and aid in the implementation of Category Strategies.
3. To effectively oversee the Bank’s expenditure budget, covering both capital expenditures (CAPEX) and operating expenses (OPEX) related to category-specific procurement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Category Specialist (Technology) will be responsible for a range of activities to enhance procurement efficiency, including but not limited to:
– Implementing Technology Category Management strategies to drive category improvements and enhance market competitiveness.
– Collaborating with the Category Manager (Technology) to plan category-related procurement activities and identify strategic sourcing opportunities.
– Executing Go-To-Market strategies to procure category-related products/services, including obtaining business requirements, vendor selection, and contract management.
– Ensuring compliance with the Bank’s Procurement Policy and standards for all category-related products or services.
– Conducting vendor contract negotiations to secure the best value in terms of pricing and quality.
– Preparing trend analysis reports for procurement volumes and cycles.
– Performing market surveys to verify competitive purchase prices and best value specifications for procurement categories.
– Identifying relevant market trends in the technology industry.
– Providing input for supplier appraisal through audits and performance evaluations.
– Collaborating with centralized administration for invoicing and supplier payments.
– Supervising and coaching Category Analysts.
– Carrying out other responsibilities as requested by the Category Manager.
– Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, with higher degrees or professional certifications considered advantageous.
– Minimum of CIPS Diploma or relevant certifications (CPIM, CPP, CSCP).
Method of Application:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online through the provided link below.