In a significant move towards reinvigorating Nigeria’s economy, President Bola Tinubu has given his nod to the appointment of new Chief Executive Officers for various agencies and parastatals within the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment. This strategic action aligns with President Tinubu’s vision of revitalizing the nation’s economy by placing a strong emphasis on trade expansion, particularly by fostering growth in small, medium, and large-scale industries across the country.
The announcement of these appointments, dated October 13, was formally conveyed through a statement signed by Ajuri Ngelale, highlighting the President’s commitment to driving economic growth and industrial development.
The newly appointed CEOs for the respective agencies are as follows:
– Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC): Hussaini Ishaq Magaji, SAN
– Industrial Training Fund (ITF): Afiz Ogun Oluwatoyin
– National Sugar Development Council (NSDC): Kamar Bakrin
– Nigeria Export Processing Zone Authority (NEPZA): Olufemi Ogunyemi
– Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC): Nonye Ayeni
– Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC): Aisha Rimi
– Oil & Gas Free Zone Authority (OGFZA): Bamanga Usman Jada
– Small & Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN): Charles Odii
– Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON): Ifeanyi Chukwunonso Okeke
– Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN): Rabiu Olowo
– Nigeria Commodities Exchange (NCE): Anthony Atuche, CFA
– Lagos International Trade Fair Complex (LITFCMB): Veronica Safiya Ndanusa
– Tafawa Balewa Square Management Board (TBSMB): Lucia Shittu
– National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC): Oluwemimo Joseph Osanipin
With a resolute commitment to driving the nation forward, President Bola Tinubu expects the newly appointed heads of these vital agencies to perform optimally. These appointments come with a renewed focus on achieving key performance benchmarks set by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment, all in harmony with the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Tinubu’s administration.
The appointments are effective immediately, following the President’s directive. This strategic move is expected to play a pivotal role in reshaping Nigeria’s economic landscape, fostering industrial growth, and creating new opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs across the nation.